Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Fila Brasileiro Dog or Slave-hunter


Other evidence of 19th century just as surprising , the origins of the Fila Brasileiro . Here's the primary use of this dog out of the ordinary ... Lithograph of the dog that I think looks very close to the Fila Brasileiro current.

... This is a mastiff breed, crossed with the bloods hounds is due the origin of these horrible dogs of slave countries of America , the United Etas , Cuba, Brazil, they serve to hunt the negro maroon. I attended, on a plantation in Louisiana , the area of Baton Rouge , in an expedition like this, and JJE said seriously that if I did not have regard to the hospitality of the planter -Fairfax Lodge , I would be ambushed at the corner of a wood where we were looking for two "brown" and that I had made ​​good double shot on two monsters to four feet of the runway who were unhappy blacks.

I would just add that again - eighteen times out of twenty - dogs slaves returning empty handed at the kennel. [Extract from the book History of dogs of all breeds, Benedict Henry Révoil , 1867, page 115]

5 comments:

  1. I do not even know the way I ended up here, but I thought this publish used to be great.
    I don't realize who you are but definitely you're going to a well-known blogger
    if you happen to aren't already. Cheers!

    Also visit my weblog; Aaron carter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y would u want 2 wear or represent anything that has negativity surrounding it.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel a lot of people look at fashion as just that. The being in the ["IN CROWD"], Up too date with style, with it!. The "I GOT" or "GONNA GET" syndrome. Actually not knowing the Negative connotations that are attached!. I myself was guilty of this very thing. Ooh filas on sale what!!!. I was ignorant to the fact it had become known that the Fila Basileiro dog was used by slave owners to round up, capture and even mangle LIVE HUMANS BEINGS sold & imprisoned as slaves. Then made a modern day profit on the very animals' name that mangled African Americans, with whom they knew would flock to the brand as fashion and The Style. Further showing the ignorance of the African Americans. So my dear people Do Not be so quick to Follow because that's all it is. Spend your hard earned dollars WISELY!!!.

      Delete

HOME

HOME
Click here to return to the US Slave Home Page